Tuesday 17 April 2012

John Abraham says Shahrukh Khan’s US detention is justified

Amidst all the brouhaha over Shahrukh Khan’s detention at a US airport last week, here is a different voice of reason by John Abraham. John thinks the security officials were just doing their job. 

“Every country does its due diligence. Getting into India for foreigners is like hell. It's not easy. The US is also doing whatever they can to make their country safe, so it is justified. It all depends on how personally you take the issue, and Shahrukh handled it with a lot of grace,” John Abraham said at a press conference in Delhi to promote his first production Viccy Donar 

The 39-year-old actor also revealed that he himself has been detained at a US airport, but did not talk about it because he wasn’t aiming to attract publicity. 

“I have been in that detention space, where the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) was called in because I had Afghanistan mentioned in my passport, as I had shot there for two months for my film Kabul Express. There wasn't much hue and cry about this as I never wanted to use the incident as a media peg for the film. I was in for six hours and I was asked the strangest questions. And of course, Shahrukh would agree that racial profiling could be a pretty much correct term for it (interrogation) because it's mostly coloured people who are detained,” John Abraham said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment