Sunday 15 April 2012

Aamir Khan: I am scared about my TV show


Aamir Khan launched the title song of his first television show Satyamev Jayate at The Lalit, in Andheri, a western suburb of Mumbai. The show is directed by Satyajit Bhatkal, a close friend of Aamir who wrote a book and directed a film on the making of his Oscar-nominated film Lagaan

The title song is composed by Ram Sampath, the lyrics are by Prasoon Joshi and it is shot by Ram Madhvani. The song is sung by Ram Sampath (composer of Delhi Belly) and Kirti Sagathia (who sang in Delhi Belly)

Apart from the anthem song, there will a song in every single episode.

Aamir spoke very little about the show itself but opened up on what the show means to him. 

Why a special song for this show?

I wanted an anthem song but I wanted a romantic song because I love my country. The lyric goes like this --Teri Zulf, Sulzhane Chala. Tere Aur Paas, Main Aane Chala. Jahan Koi Sur Na Ho Besura, Woh Geet Main Sunane Chala. 

There is another beautiful verse Jaisa Bhi Hoon Apna Mujhe, Mujhe Yeh Nahi Hai Bolna, Kabil Ter Main Ban Sakoo, Mujhe Dwar Aisa Khol Na.  
 
I think it is the highest level of love where you say I want to change myself if I have any shortcomings in me.

Mere Khoon Ki Har Boond Main, Sankalp Ho Tere Pyaar Ka, Kato Mujhe Toh Tu Bahe, Ho Surk Rang Har Dhar Ka, these are the beautiful lyrics written by Prasoon.

Ram has composed a great tune for this song, ad filmmaker Ram Madhvani shot this song.

What made you add songs to each episode?

With this show I want to reach the hearts of the people. Through songs you can reach the hearts of people which cannot be achieved just by words.

Tell us about Satyamev Jayate.

This show is the most important part of my life, I have done so many important films but if I have to say what is the thing closest to my heart, I would say it is this television show. 
 
I have been working on this show for the past two years. It has been a wonderful journey, probably my most ambitious project till today. 

But what is it about?

I am not going to talk much about the show because I want everyone to enjoy the show on television. It's about meeting the common man of India, connecting with India and its people. This show is connected to the lives of people of India.

No comments:

Post a Comment