Saturday 23 June 2012

Exclusive! Shah Rukh Khan Talks DJing, 20 years and the Yash Chopra film!

Can you believe that the great Shah Rukh Khan has been entertaining audiences the world over for 20 years?? Since his first appearance on the big screen in 1992’s Deewana, SRK has gone on to star in more than 70 films. 70 films in 20 years!! When you think back to some of his performances and the many varied roles he has played in those films, it is quite easy to see why he is one of the biggest film stars in the world! The actor is currently in London with Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma shooting a yet-to-be-titled Yash Chopra film. While in London, Shak Rukh Kahn celebrated his 20 years in films by taking on a new role: that of DJ for the Shah Rukh Khan Show on BBC Asian Network. He thrilled fans with three hours of tunes, lots of inside scoop, and much masti. After hearing him on that show we certainly think he has a new career waiting for him if he ever decides to give up acting. Thankfully, he told us he can’t imagine doing anything else but be in movies. Check out what else he told Stacey when he chatted with her right after the radio show. Yes, it is Shah Rukh Khan in conversation about DJing, and his 20 years in film. And, lucky us, he gave us a sneak peek into the world of the new Yash Chopra film!
So you just hosted your very first radio show, what was the experience like?
It felt very good. Everyone here at the BBC Asian Network was very kind. I have never done this before, but they were all very helpful. I hope I sounded good! They made it very easy. I really enjoyed it actually – I never thought it would be so much fun. It really was very nice!
Were you nervous?
No, I wasn’t really nervous. It is a BBC Asian program so I knew they would make sure the program is good. I didn’t have much responsibility, it wasn’t like a film that I have to go and act well. Halfway through I started to enjoy it a little more than I did when I started and then wished it had gone on longer.
The show was to celebrate your 20 years in the industry. Looking back over your career what would you say?
I was writing a book, which was called 20 years of a Decade, because it seemed to me that after working 10 years I have lived two life times! Suddenly it is 20 years, the book is still not out… I guess I will have to make it 40 years now. (Laughs) It feels like that. I’ve crammed so much work and so much life into these 20 years. I don’t even know. You know, yesterday I was sitting with my family and it was like 2 in the morning. I had just come back and I had a bit of a headache because it was cold. They said, ‘Do You like working so much?’ and I said, ‘Yes, I don’t know what else to do because it doesn’t seem like work to me. Whenever I go to work, I just go out and start acting or singing or dancing or being with people, and just making them happy. So it doesn’t seem like work.’ They pay me very well for it, I don’t even have to ask, they are very kind to me. 20 years have just passed by like this. My son is 14-years-old, 15 this year and I didn’t even realize it. It has been worth it all. I feel very happy that I have been able to do this. Very few of us get the chance to do what we wish to do and I am able to do that. I am thankful I have had this opportunity, and I am just thankful to everyone who has been responsible for it. In the beginning, I used to think I am responsible now I have become a little humble and I see that a lot of other people are responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment